From an article online come these suggestions:
- I’m actually really excited for this weekend. I’m planning on ____.
Another hike like last week’s trip to Caledon State Park.
2. It’s been a good day. I haven’t been able to stop smiling about [something that brightened your day or your favorite part of the week].
Flowers from the garden.
Inspired by Jeanne —and Rosemary’s example— to have a succulent on the kitchen table.
3. Lately I’ve been reading ____. It’s really had me thinking about ____. What do you think about it?
Mother Angelica–the corrupt bishops–how she relied on God and pushed ahead.
Also just starting Leonardo by Isaacson. It’s a highly rated biography. Looking forward to it!
4. I feel like this week really pushed me to my limits. I’m ready to start fresh on Monday! 🙂 You ever have those kind of weeks?
Not pushed to my limits, but it definitely hit home that Peter is a Senior…in fact we are all Seniors this year: Jeanne at GMU, Peter at Seton, and Ken and I….we will all have senior moments and senioritis together!
5. Believe it or not, I tried _______for the first time; it was great!
Betty very graciously came here to demonstrate how to ferment red onions.
Thank you so much Betty!
Slice the onions using a mandolin
2 tsp salt
And then–not pictured-you actually knead the salt into the onions for several minutes. A brine begins to form, to which you add the juice of about 6 limes. Pack firmly into jars.
And here’s where you get a sandwich baggie press it into the headspace of the jar and pour in water–to make the seal!
I really appreciated having Betty lead the way.
It was fun to try making it, I hope it will be fun to try tasting it. Next week!
6. honstly I’m feeling ……. What do you suggest?
I’m feeling inspired!
A crossing guard at Seton this morning pointed out what she did to remain thoughtful of God’s presence on the corner of maple and quarry:
I don’t know if the picture captures the perfect the fit and coloring of the pieta.
7. ——–is really important to me and I’ve been happy to spend time on it this week.
Well that would be visiting Nonie and Nano. 😊